Wednesday 30 November 2011

Play groups and Tantrums

I have been searching and googling and searching some more for a decent play group in our local town that I could take Bambino to. And I have been searching and attending some god damn awful ones! ones where nobody turns up and ones where about a million people attend...

Is there no happy medium?

3 months after moving here I found one!!

As we arrive for the first time to the "Bouncing Babies" (It's what it's called) I see a note on the door that says
"Please leave all push chairs under the stairs"
As I peer into the pram I see, well heard, Bambino was fast asleep (he snores for Britain!)

Bugger!

So I take the lift, naps are a rarity and I'm not waking him up then have a angry baby for the rest of the day!
But long story short, it was lovely the people where sweet and the people that run it were very helpful and understanding (I was the only person with a buggy ever to enter the room - everybody else usually wakes there babies up or waits.) Pfft! why the hell is there a lift!?

We met some lovely babies Bambino's age the only downer was the other babies...Don't judge me! Don't tell me you have never seen other babies similar ages way wayyyy more advanced! I left determined to get the Bambino clapping his hands and walking more than ever! All Bambino can do is thump his chest like a money and shake his bum (always makes me laugh!) Although it doesn't really bother me... I know he will figure it all out in his own time (Next few days I'm sure...)

When we arrived home all the fun started...

"WAAHHH Wahh ohhh WAHHHHHHHHHHH *Sniff sniff* WWAAHHHHHHHH WAHH WAHH AAAAAARHHHHHHHHHH"

I am pulling my hair out in frustration! Bambino has ate/eat/eaten (Whichever one it is) half of his dinner and is now throwing a tantrum. This is new! What do I do? What would supernanny do?

"That's it!" I grab him and put him in the front room in the dark until he calms himself down, I'm sure I've seen supernanny do that before? 

five minutes later he's stopped! Ha. I'm a genius, back in the highchair he goes... 

"WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH" 

Back in the living room he goes....

And so on, for just over an hour!!

Now I'm almost bald for tearing my hair out, wondering what in the lord's name he could possibly want?

He has that look in his eye, that look that says
"Carry on mum! I can keep this up for hours. Your looking more stressed than me, NaNaNaNaNa"
So I plonk him back in his highcahir get a yogurt out of the fridge and tip it out over his highchair for him to make a mess and finger it about until he gets it into his mouth.

"Hehehe... DaDa...Hehe DaDa"

The little bugger!!




Mummy & Bambino <3

No comments:

Post a Comment