Friday 11 November 2011

11.11.11

Me and Bambino popped into the city today, well I say we popped we spent 40 minutes on a bus.

But it was lovely we met up with a friend and her gorgeous little one too and had lunch and of course a Starbucks too and had my first (of many) gingerbread lattes of the season! We window shopped too, as window shopping is my new 'go out and spend money' way of shopping. And I was pleasantly surprised at how well behaved the Bambino was! because just like his daddy, Bambino usually gets bored. When I window shop Bambino makes it his mission for me to stop and lavish him in attention. But not today!
On the bus journey back I over heard the sweetest conversation by a girl who couldn't of been any older than six and her Mummy.

In the most innocent voice I have ever heard the girl said "Mummy... I feel really sad for all the people that died in the war"
 

"Oh sweetheart" Replied her mum
"Why can't everybody be friends and just play together?"

"I don't know darling"

"Well this morning I made a poppy for you in class"

"Thank you"

"Did you be quiet for a minute this morning mummy? I did and then I felt really sad..."

How blinking cute is that!! Well it made me smile anyway.

On the subject of poppy's (or is it poppies?) why every year do I lose mine!? I think there seriously needs to be a redesign! I'm thinking maybe a badge?

Anyway I hope you all paid your respects today to all the brave men and women of our country, with two minutes silence...


Mummy & Bambino <3

No comments:

Post a Comment