Sunday 6 November 2011

Domestic Goddess

Oh yes! I am a blinky domestic goddess! You may bow down and praise me...

Okay so I'm not really... Well I like to think I am, even if I do leave my housework to Sunday night like I did with my homework for school.

I have baked a sponge cake, hold back the giggles please. I can't cook I never have pretended that cooking is one of my skills because it isn't. My family cook meals that I freeze for The Bambino and my Fiance cooks all the family meals usually, USUALLY being the operative word.

I am trying and failing and trying harder to cook. So I went out bought myself a few cook books and a set of scales (because that's what cooks have in their kitchen) and put my head down in the kitchen for 3 hours yesterday determined to cook a Victoria sponge.

3 hours for a Victoria sponge??

I know, I know... But before you judge, let me explain. I was going by a recipe from one of my "cook books" that claimed to be the best ever sponge. However I tried it twice and the first time it turned into a brick, so much so that if I left it in the garden the birds and foxes would turn their noses up at it in disgust.
The second one was under cooked (even though they were both in there for the same amount of time?!) and slightly dark on the outside. So that followed the first one to the bin.
Then in utter frustration I sent the Fiance back out to the shops to get me more ingredients and googled a Victoria sponge (again Google saves the day) and headed to the kitchen once more.
I Poured myself a glass of baileys and popped Oasis on in the background and BAAM!! I created my first ever edible cake from scratch.
Oh yeah!
 I even whipped the cream myself, by hand! I didn't even realise that was how whipped cream became whipped! I though it just came out of a can...

I was so proud I took a photo of it to share with you. And I also took it round the Family's to share my wonderful creation with them too!


I don't mean to boast but it was blinking awesome!
Now to try to make a trifle, I've been told there is no actual baking involved in that, so I should be okay but I'll keep you informed

In other news The Bambino has learnt how to roll from his front to his back and this is brilliant! However I'm never around when he does it to praise him and so when he does it he scares himself and cries... And as he sleeps on his front he keeps doing it in his sleep (because he is such a jifflebum) and waking himself up screaming, wondering what the f has happened. Hopefully he won't try and be clever too many times tonight...

Mummy & Bambino <3


No comments:

Post a Comment