Friday 4 November 2011

It's come to that dreaded time... Going back to work

Maternity leave just isn't long enough.

So yesterday I went out bought new black trousers and new black shoes and for the entire day dreaded it, it wouldn't of been so bad if I was going back to the job I had left! I love LOVE love my job but unfortunately it was in another city and isn't practical. So not only was I going back to work after 8 months it was a totally new job too with new people and new things and new everything and I was well and truly out of my comfort zone!

It was only a trail shift waitressing, and waitressing is what I've done since I was 14 so I knew what I was doing, but trust me not even that tamed my fear!

But as I got there the fear slipped away and I'm not going to lie, I really enjoyed it! Not once did I think about making bottles or changing bums or housework or weaning or any thing else that usually goes through my mind in the evenings. I was Lizzie again, so be it only for 2 and a half hours but it was brilliant. I wasn't mummy for just a short amount of time, I was busy rushing around speaking to strangers. But don't get me wrong being a full-time Mummy is where my heart lies but financially an impossible role to keep, so I now have to be a full-time mummy and a part time waitress (oh and a part time housewife too!) But I like it! And today I feel liberated, is that odd? Maybe...

But I do still have over a month of maternity left and believe me I am going to hold onto every single day of it!!

Mummy & Bambino <3

No comments:

Post a Comment