Thursday 27 October 2011

Bird cages and bread sticks

I'm not a morning person. I never have been and probably never will be. In fact morning people annoy me, with their chirpiness in the morning and that look in their eyes when you finally fall out of bed like they are telling you your lazy with just there eyes.  

Sleepy-eyed I stumble down the stairs at 7.30am after being woken up by my fiance telling me he has to leave for work soon. As I plonk myself up the dinner table next to the Bambino who has already been up for half an hour (it's a good job the fiance isn't a heavy sleeper like me otherwise the bambino would be awake for hours before I realised). "Morning" I say to nobody in particular, but get a huge slobbery smile from the bambino and the fiance.

"He's on his second bread stick" greeted the fiance.

Bread sticks for breakfast? Really? But he sounded so proud he had managed to get the Bambino to eat them, how could I make a remark on his breakfast choice? After all he was making him a bowl of porridge too.

An hour later and I'm still in my pajamas doing the washing up and Alfie is rooming the house in his walker.

"Bang BANG bang"

"What on earth is that?"

Pulling my hands out of the kitchen sink, I realise it was the front door (still not fully awake! I don't really become conscious until noon) then realising who on earth is coming round at 8.30?!

It turned out to be my step mum and step sister, telling me to chuck some clothes on because for one day only Matalan's boots are a fiver!
Well how could I stay at home tidying up when there are boots to be bought?
2 minutes later I lumbering myself into the car. It turns out that yes there was a great boot sale however only one pair in my size, so I bought them anyway!

When I got home I returned to the daily duties again I found that like routine I was back at the kitchen sink wondering if that was all a bizarre dream?

After noon things started to become clearer and me and the best friend spent a lovely day window shopping (well me window shopping her spending money on her store cards, tut tut!) and the bambino smiling at everyone who walked past.

And now it's currently 6.32pm I have just put the Bambino down (for his 13 hour sleep, god I love him!) I am about to do the washing up AGAIN and get on with the rest of the house work.

When did I become a housewife? Without the wedding... Hmm I shall put this to the fiance later.

P.S. If the fiance asks about the bird cage style candle holder I "window shopped" to get our stories straight... We've had it ages!

Hope you had a lovely day too .

Mummy & Bambino <3

No comments:

Post a Comment